Re: Connect two PC's

From: Stephan Wehner
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 07:45:40 EST

Thanks to all for your amazingly fast responses. I'll get a crossover
cable then and sort out the routing (using a bridge)


On 9/15/05, Henrik Nordstrom <hno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Stephan Wehner wrote:
> > Does using a bridge as you suggest still require a cross-over cable??
> Yes.
> cross-over cable is required if you want to connect directly PC<->PC
> without a hub or switch inbetween. (also needed to connect a hub/switch
> directly to another hub/switch). Making the PC logically act as a bridge
> does not change this picture.
> Note: The bridge I mentioned is internal to the Linux kernel, allowing the
> Linux box to act as a bridge between two (or more) network cards. I was
> not referring to using an external bridge box.
> Regards
> Henrik
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-net" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at