netem

From: Luca De Cicco
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 12:03:13 EST

Hi there to the list.

I'm using netem in order to generate delays on localhost (doing
research on TCP and congestion control stuff) but often the kernel
hangs when setting and resetting the delay.

One workaround is using UML and defining two taps, but it is an iptables
hell. Moreover when using UML and pinging I see an RTT which is not
consistent to what i set (it produce big oscillations in RTT even if i
didn't set any rtt variance).

Is anyone having such problems? Any workaround or patch to apply?

Thanks in advance,
Luca De Cicco