Writing a Rate based transport protocol

From: Saurabh Jain
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 19:16:49 EST

Hi All,

I am trying to write a new rate based transport protocol in linux
kernel (either as a module or directly within the kernel). Basically
it would be similar to UDP but with features like dynamic rate
control, connection and state management, error control like TCP. Is
there any established framework which i can use? I know there is one
for window based protocols like TCP where one can dynamically register
different congestion control mechanisms. I would appreciate if
somebody can give me some direction in this regard.

Thanks in advance.