Instrumenting the linux networking stack...

From: Vinay Venkataraghavan
Date: Thu Feb 01 2007 - 19:42:55 EST

Hello,

I am trying to add some instrumentation to the linux IP networking stack. I would like to for starters add some debug statements (which I have already done) at various points of the IP networking code.

What I would like to do is to add debug levels for all these printk's and to be able to modify the debug level on the fly through the sysfs file system.

I know how to do this for linux drivers but what is a good place where I can add this code and be able to change the debug level through the sysfs file system.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Vinay Raghavan