Re: NIC with msg signaled interrupts on a SMP machine

From: Jesse Brandeburg
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 02:39:40 EST

On 1/29/07, Svata Dedic <belgarat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I am sorry to repeat the question, but so far I didn't get an answer on
whether MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts) handling is supposed to
respect with /proc/irq/*/smp_affinity mask bits. No matter what affinity
bits I am setting on my system, all MSIs are processed by CPU#0.

at least on 2.6.18 and 2.6.19, I've used smp_affinity and MSI vectors
with no problems. I have seen some quite weird behavior, where
reading smp_affinity back reports no change, but the interrupts
actually change CPUs so it is working.

I've been doing this on Intel processors/chipsets however, maybe that
is why it doesn't work for you?