Re: Problems using ROUTE target

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 13:01:53 EST

Phil Oester wrote:
On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 01:20:06PM -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
I got replies from another list, one said Fedora doesn't include that capability in their build because it doesn't work (why is in the man page, then?), and another which said it only worked in BSD. Sorry for the noise, I'll keep on with ugly tables and the MARK target.

Correct, the ROUTE target is not included in the kernel - you must
patch your kernel with pom-ng to obtain that functionality. (Although
that patch could be removed at some point in the future)

I have to ask, since the target is in extensions and not built, why was the documentation included in the man page? I trust you meant the patch could be included, once the operation is stable.

That is a really useful feature, I'm disappointed that it isn't included.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO TMR Associates, Inc