Re: Problems using ROUTE target

From: Phil Oester
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 13:08:12 EST

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 01:01:47PM -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> I have to ask, since the target is in extensions and not built, why was
> the documentation included in the man page? I trust you meant the patch
> could be included, once the operation is stable.

The man page includes many options which aren't available by default - TARPIT
is another example. Unfortunately it can't be viewed as a "what's usable"
document, but rather a "what's possibly available" doc.

> That is a really useful feature, I'm disappointed that it isn't included.

You should direct your questions over to netfilter-devel mailing list,
as they can better answer the why it's not going to be included question.

Phil