RE: Generic Netlink Sockets

From: NP, Simha (STSD)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 09:00:25 EST

Hi,
No I have added a new family and new operations using
genl_register_family and genl_register_ops which would fall under
NETLINK_GENERIC.
Since the ID in the family structure is generated dynamically, I
need that ID to interact with my NEW family that I have defined. Do I
have a way of querying the generic netlink interface which would fetch
me the ID for a given family name?

Also, I dont see any API's in the libnl library for generic
netlink operations. Any specific pointers?

Thanks,
Simha.