Re: prism54: WPA/RSN support for fullmac cards

From: Chr
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 09:47:27 EST

On Tuesday, 24. April 2007, Stefan Puch wrote:
> Chr wrote:
> >> I thought that at least chunkeey got a working connection.... obviously not.
> >>
> > Of course it works! But not with every AP... only with "hostapd".
> > (I don't have anything else to try).
>
> Perhaps we can do a meeting after your ABI and do some tests with another AP?
Now, I'm "finish" with the "practical" part... ;-).
But, I won't be here the next few weeks, (field excursion, another field excursion
and did I mention lots of field excursion?) .

> > But please, before you waste your time with _some_ fullmac anomalies,
> >
> > get the last wireless-dev.git tree.
> > There is a SOFTMAC driver for all prism54 chips now!
> >
> > You only need a firmware:
> > http://daemonizer.de/prism54/prism54-fw/fw-softmac/lmac_2.7.0.0.arm
> > (rename it to "isl3886" and put it in the right place).
>
> - I got the wireless-dev.git tree version g5363171f.
> - I could successfully use the SOFTMAC driver with my Netgear WG511 and the
> Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7170
> - WPA and WPA2 encryption worked fine (very good work Thanks!)
> - only the "Act" (yellow) LED on the WLAN-Adapter was flashing very very fast
> the whole time, I hope it doesn't give up to fast (perhaps someone could set
> the rate a little bit down?)

Na, don't worry, I've copied more than 4 GB over the WIFI link, it should be stable.
But, I know that some cheap APs may have "stability" problems, I ditched my old
Netgear WG624 for that reason.

> - if I can do some further testings that may help you let me know

(Do you know why your AP rejects the FULLMAC driver?
If you have another card you can "monitor" for "deauth" or
"disassoc" mlmes, they include a "reason" code)

Thanks,
Chr.