Re: link up and don on ether async notification

From: Charlie Brady
Date: Thu May 31 2007 - 17:15:30 EST

On Thu, 31 May 2007, Stephen Hemminger wrote:

On Thu, 31 May 2007 22:56:13 +0200
mbartolo <mb4rt0l0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi boys,

Is some mechanism which can I use to notify user space program
asynochronously that link on my ethernet device is is down or up ? ( I can't
use polling like ethtool - i think that control every second state of link on
ethernet through some of ioctl is no good).

Use netlink to monitor the device. read source in iproute2/ip/ipmon.c to get
the general idea.

And/or grab source to keepalived and see how they do it.