Re: Undocumented IPv6 options

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Mon Oct 15 2007 - 07:45:58 EST

Matti Aarnio <matti.aarnio@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Undocumented are also IPV6_JOIN_GROUP and IPV6_LEAVE_GROUP (RFC 2553 / 3493)

The IPv6 man page was never complete when I wrote it long ago.

This

BUGS
This man page is not complete.

is still true.

> It really looks like time for major overhaul of that (and related) man-pages
> is needed...

IPv6 just needs finishing.

One option actually since the RFCs document IPv6 basic and extended
API very well would be to somehow pull them in similar to the POSIX
manpages and let them speak for themselves.

I don't know if that is possible with the RFC copyrights though (?)

-Andi