Re: Mcast packet loss 2.6.8.1 kernel

From: David Stevens
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 13:08:34 EST

> Further info:
> When I dont run the layers above, but just a multicast listener, I do
> get all the packets, but I can also cause packet loss by artificially
> updates a counter variable)

If the machine is overloaded, I'd expect one of the drop counters
to be incremented. There weren't any in the "netstat -s" output you sent.
I don't know of any uncounted drops in current kernels, but older kernels
may.
If your device supports "ethtool", you might also take a look at
"ethtool -S" to see if you get any drops counted there.

+-DLS