Power off ethernet device

From: Nicola Salvemini
Date: Wed May 28 2008 - 06:50:13 EST

Hello,

I'm developing some
software on a development board based on AT91SAM9260 processor. I
need to power off the ethernet device, but I need a âlow levelâ
command. I mean that an âifconfig eth0 downâ command is not
suffice to my purpose, I need a command to emulate a cable
disconnection, something to power off the yellow LED on the ethernet
port.

I'd like to implement an "application layer" function that uses some kernel functions (maybe some physical abstract layer function), but I'm not very sure on how to proceed.

Could you please give me a
suggestion?
Thanks in advance,

Nicola.