Re: MSTP & RSTP implementation in Linux Kernel

From: Stephen Hemminger
Date: Fri Jul 11 2008 - 11:57:24 EST

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:40:29 +0530
"\"G\"" <balajig81@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to extend the linux bridging functionality by implementing
> RSTP and MSTP in the linux kernel as a linux kernel module. I am
> curious to know what are the important things that i ve to take care
> of while implementing this from a technical perspective. I ve already
> gone through the existing bridging code in linux. I am trying to do
> this in the version 2.6.25.9.Any suggestions on this would be really
> helpful.
>
> Cheers,
> Balaji

There is userlevel daemon for RSTP, that is an ongoing (but somewhat
stagnant) project.
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shemminger/rstp.git

I also have in my archive an version of RSTP that was used
in an embedded system (for 2.4.19)
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/shemminger/rstp-2.4.19.tar.bz2