Infering Packet Type

From: \"G\"
Date: Sun Nov 09 2008 - 10:43:57 EST

Hi

I have developed a kernel module which receives packet from the linux
kernel. It receives by adding a hook in the netif_recieve_skb()
function. My kernel module which receives the packet is an IP packet.
How do i get to know whether its a TCP packet or UDP packet. There are
separate headers for TCP and UDP processing but how do i typecast the
skb to tcp or udp. or rather how do i know to which header should i
typecast the socket buffer to. Which field says that its a TCP packet
or UDP packet ?

Cheers,
Balaji