Re: ath5k AP kernel panic when client uses SCP

From: Bob Copeland
Date: Sun Oct 25 2009 - 16:20:13 EST

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bob Copeland wrote:

> Here is everything the system said after being powered on, including all
> page allocation failures and the final oops:
>
> http://www1.wpkg.org/skb_gso_segment/minicom.txt
>
> (and it looks slightly different than the last time).

In this case an order-0 allocation failed inside ieee80211_skb_resize,
which then called dev_release_skb() on the original skb. Off the top
of my head, it's unclear why the subsequent put_page would cause a fault.

This is a little out of my area so take it with a grain of salt :) but
in general order-0 allocation failures are bad news -- it couldn't get
a single free page, and that happened in under 3 minutes. Maybe poke
around in /proc/slabinfo to see where the memory went?

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com