Re: data gets corrupted (c sockets)

From: David F
Date: Mon Jun 14 2010 - 20:23:40 EST

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.I had to go and open my big mouth...

Well, I could not replicate "corrupted" data at the end of the file, but rather "missing" data...
Delaying before closing the socket file-descriptor seems to fix it. I first tried setting the SO_LINGER and TCP_LINGER2 socket-options both to no avail -- I don't know why but I'm sure that someone else on this list can supply both an explanation and also a much nicer solution; nonetheless, ugly though it is, this one worked for me.

-- David Favro