Re: RADIUS?

E.J. Wilburn (ej@ns1.woodtech.com)
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 21:52:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 1 Aug 1995, Sarel Lugtenburg wrote:

> To tell the truth at this stage the stuff I put together is basically a
> hacked "login" command. The login command first queries the local passwd
> file and then queries a radius server. I have not yet implemented radius
> accounting but the system keeps a complete local log in the normal utmp,
> wtmp.

That's basically how I'd have done it too.

> I developed it primarily for dial in ppp and slip accounts. Please let
> now what your requirements are. I just want to clean up the code a little
> bit before I make it publicly available.
>
> If your still interested please let know. Please let me know what your
> basic requirements are.
>
> Sarel Lugtenburg

That sounds like it would meet my requirements just fine. I was hoping
you'd have it check the local password file first. I'd like to get my
hands on a copy of this as soon as you can get it to me. I'd also help
you clean up the code and help with bugfixes etc. if need be.

-E.J. Wilburn
System Administrator - Woodtech Information Systems, Inc.
ej@woodtech.com