Re: Setting up network

Thomas Walker (scoochie@albany.net)
Wed, 8 May 1996 04:20:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 6 Apr 1996, infoeng wrote:

> I would like to know what I need to do to set up a Linux network where all of
> the workstations are all 386 PCs with no hard drives, only 1.44 floppies.
>
> Only the server has a hard drive that contains Linux and the applications the
> users need such as Pine, WordPerfect, DOSEMU, and other customized apps.
>
> I have no idea how to set up and then start a workstation. Please help!
> --
> ----
> infoeng@trinidad.net
> Trinidad in the Caribbean...always 90 degrees in the shade !!!
> The Home of the Steelband and Calypso!

Sure...do just like you said, have the server with the Hard Drive, all you
need on your workstations is some copy of a Terminal program, Telix,
ProCom+ and other such Term Programs. You would link these to the server
VIA Serial channels. Use whatever you choose for a Multi-Port Card. I
myself use a G-Tek Intel. 8-port card for my serial clients, and a Western
Digital Ethernet card. But that is what I use.!

Have a good one!
Tom Walker
VR Pitt Communications