Re: TCP/IP with 3Com Adapters

Nicolas Sayer (sayer@nsp.inria.fr)
Thu, 9 May 1996 18:03:32 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 7 May 1996, Sandro Jurado wrote:

> Hi, I'm new on this list, and I'm trying to connect my PC with
> Linux 2.3 to my local Network. I'm using a 3Com 3C509-Combo Etherlink
> III ISA Adapter, but I cant configure TCP/IP for this adapter. My
> Linux dont recognize my adapter and always get the message "Network
> Unreachable". My PC has 2 partitions, the first has Novell and Dos,
> and the second has Linux. The adapter works perfect in the DOS
> partition (IRQ 10, 0x300) but Linux dont recognize it.
>
> Please can somebody help me with this. I've tried many things but
> now I dont know what to do.

Hi, I had the exact same probleme, check your ethernet board
configuration with the 3c5x9cfg.exe utility. You should verify that
you've got the right connector selected, and that the IP is not in
conflict with an other device...

good luck

<Nicolas.Sayer@inria.fr> Nicolas Sayer