Re: 3Com ethernet card not being detected

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 00:34:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Alan Cox wrote:

> > If your systems have PCI and you think you may go to 100Base-TX in the
> > future, you may want to consider the 3Com 3c595 instead. Only about
> > $30 more.
>
> Or SMC etherpower and other tulip based cards. The benchmarks (ttcp) say the
> etherpower is faster and has less CPU load

Is anyone aware of a well supported tulip based card that sells in multi
packs (around 5) with a 10mb hub? We've been going through 3com 3c509b
5pk+hubs cause for about $550 you get 5 cards and a LinkBuilder/12
stackable hub.

Jon Lewis | Mime attachments are OK
jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net | But please ask before sending
http://inorganic5.fdt.net | unsolicited huge files.