Re: Looks like SO_RCVBUF should be limited to 65535.

David C Niemi (niemi@wauug.erols.com)
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 21:20:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Tom May wrote:
> On linux 2.0.0, running samba with SO_RCVBUF=65536 was causing
> failures. Setting SO_RCVBUF=65535 works fine. Perhaps the following
> patch, which makes setting SO_RCVBUF work like setting SO_SNDBUF, is
> the proper solution.

Hmm, I saw some interesting failures with Samba. Basically, Win95 reports
a permissions error when copying a >2MB file from the Linux box. However,
the files seem to have copied intact nevertheless. I tried the patch you
sent and it did not change the behavior (I guess it is a different
problem).

David
Niemi@wauug.erols.com 703-810-5538 Reston, Virginia, USA
------ Money talks, but it is wrong half of the time. -----