Re: Linux as an Ethernet Switch & More

Dean Gaudet (dgaudet-list-linux-net@arctic.org)
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 11:58:12 -0800 (PST)

It's certainly possible but I would seriously question your reasons for
doing this. After all, a 3com 24 10baseT port with a 100baseT uplink
multiple MAC address switch costs um, $3k. After you've bought a p200
plus a bunch of multiport NICs and screwed with their interrupts and
configured linux and possibly dealt with bugs in the bridging code...
you're getting up there near $3k if not over.

Dean