Re: procps (was Conner CFP4207W / Adaptec 2940UW)

Geof Goodrum (ggoodrum@perigee.ncdc.noaa.gov)
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 11:03:23 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 31 Jan 1997, Linux Admin Mail list wrote:

> I have upgraded my linux-box kernel from 1.2.13 to 2.0.0 so
> that it would serve as a server for diskless PC. The problem is after
> replacing the kernel if I give command "ps -u" and "top" it core dumps.
> Can anybody suggest me the reason for it?

Yes. You need to get procps. For more information on this and other
upgrade issues, see URL http://linux.wauug.org/upgrades.html.

Enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: The comments above are my own and may not represent the views
of my employer.
: Geoffrey P. Goodrum : US Department of Commerce :
: +1-301-457-5100 : NOAA/NESDIS National Climatic Data Center :
: ggoodrum@perigee.ncdc.noaa.gov: Satellite Services Branch :
<A HREF="http://www2.ncdc.noaa.gov/GEOF/geof.html">Geof's Primordial Soup</A>