Re: Hardware Reqmts for an IP Masquerader

Juergen Fiedler (juergen@quotus.com)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 00:02:05 -0500 (EST)

I'm using a P90 with 32M RAM to connect up to 3 computers to the Net and
it's running quite fine. I think your should definitely be OK with your
486/100. If you don't want to run any applications, 16M RAM should be
plenty - 8 would probably be sufficient, perhaps even 4 (though I
wouldn't want to try that). With my 32M, I can run X Windows with
acceptable speed - and that certainly puts much more strain on the
resources than IP masquerading.

Good luck,
Juergen