Re: linux 2.2.x Appletalk and ifconfig bug

Scott R. Every (scott@emji.net)
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:06:56 -0500

Of course using the old ifconfig1.33 to turn down eth0:1 actually tuned down
ALL of the aliases, but at least eth0 was still running.

Again, this only happens with the Appletlak .18 module loaded. Without that
things appear to work as expected on the alias front.

--On Thu, Mar 11, 1999 1:25 AM +0100 Bernd Eckenfels <ecki@lina.inka.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> sorry for not talking part in yur discussion, can you please mail me the
> output of
>
> strace ifconfig eth0:1 down
>
> of the old and new ifconfig (with enabled atalk).
>
> I dont think it is a net tools bug, bug at least I think the old net-tools
> did something less wrong good :)
>
> Greetings
> Bernd
> --
> (OO) -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --
> ( .. ) ecki@{inka.de,linux.de,debian.org} http://home.pages.de/~eckes/
> o--o *plush* 2048/93600EFD eckes@irc +497257930613 BE5-RIPE
> (O____O) When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl!

Scott R. Every        "Everything is controlled by a small evil group to
 EMJ Internet          which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs."
 voice : 1-800-548-2319  fax : 1-919-363-4423  mailto:scott@emji.net
 WWW - http://www.emji.net

Do you believe in Macintosh? Learn how to help the cause by subscribing to the "EvangeList" listserver! Send email to: <evangelist@macway.com> or go to: <http://www.lists.apple.com/>