Re: Making Linux VPN, using PPTP, server?

Dave Cinege (dcinege@psychosis.com)
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 21:48:17 -0500

Eko Kurniawan wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > > lot of docs on masquerading VPN traffic through Linux a
> > > firewall, and a Linux PPTP client, but I can't find
> > > any Linux VPN server software, or even a how-to.
> >
> > I doubt you'll find PPTP server software, its had enough of a mauling
> > in the standards committees (draft, died) and in bugtraq since.
> >
> > There are several decent VPN kits for Linux - one very nice one is the cipe
> > tunnel driver.
> If you don't mind....can't you tell me where can i find the
> documentation/software about it.

Cipe is going to be directly supported in future versions of LRP.
Using SSH is suported now. PPTP is also supported but I believe
the current patch I put in is for client and not server side.
and ought to be avoided. http://www.linuxrouter.org/

--
http://www.linkscape.net/       Linkscape Internet Services   732-541-4214
http://www.linuxrouter.org/     Linux Router Project