Re: Samba vs NT4/sp4

spyro papademetriou (spyro@isr.umd.edu)
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 10:30:36 -0400

--------------AAE243331B8F049260F4DE98

sp4 changes a key in the registry that makes all passwords that are sent
out to be encrypted. if you change the key to allow clear-text as well
as encrypted passwords you should be OK.

attached is a .reg file that does it for you.

--spyro

Roney Marcelo wrote:

> I allways had my file server as a Linux running Samba.
>
> I also had an NT4, that could see the Samba Server.
> After installing the nt service pack 4, it does not accept to MAP a drive in
> the Linux Samba. The error is "Your accont is not authorized to login from
> this workstation".
>
> But, in nt4 before, it happened.
>
> Can anyone help me ?
>
> Thanks
> Roney

--------------AAE243331B8F049260F4DE98

UkVHRURJVDQNCg0KW0hLRVlfTE9DQUxfTUFDSElORVxTWVNURU1cQ3VycmVudENvbnRyb2xT
ZXRcU2VydmljZXNcUmRyXFBhcmFtZXRlcnNdDQoiRW5hYmxlUGxhaW5UZXh0UGFzc3dvcmQi
PWR3b3JkOjAwMDAwMDAxDQoNCg==