Re: 2.2.x kernels missend odd-sized ICMP packets

Sean Farley (sean-linux@farley.org)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 00:01:09 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:07, Horst von Brand wrote:

> egcs up to 1.1.2 miscompile the ping program from netkit-base if optimizing
> (function ip_cksum(), IIR the name C). I'd be surprised if the code base of
> the pings you tried is different at all. Tried at home with various egcs's +
> glibc-2.1.1pre1 on i586, linux-2.2.5, reported to the egcs folks.

I have not been reading mail for awhile, or I would have mentioned this
earlier. While browsing egcs mailing lists a couple of weeks ago, I had
read that there was an optimizing bug--no optimizing was safe) in
egcs-1.1.2. I don't recall how many versions back it goes. CVS might
have the fix.

Sean