Re: DSL connectivity

Barry Treahy (treahy@mmaz.com)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 08:46:31 -0700

I have it up and running with US West and a local ISP. The phone company
really screwed things up, including the installation on the wrong phone line
and disconnecting my phone while trying to correct their mistake. I use
masqing for my internal LAN and tried to accomplish this on a single NIC, it
wasn't worth the hassle as everyone else pointed out. Dual NIC was simple and
fast to reconfigure from a ppp dial-up...

I do have a question that I did not receive an answer on though, and that is
how do I monitor effective bandwidth flowing though my Linux box? I'm looking
for an interactive, on-line stats monitor that will show me that activity on
both NIC's (ie # of transfers, bytes/sec, kernel overhead, etc).

Barry