Re: [linux-security] Firewall & Proxy?

B.C.J.O (fade@deepsky.com)
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:23:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Robert G. Fisher wrote:

> I'm interested in finding out how I could potentially configure
> a linux machine to provide NAT plus a firewall and proxy a SSL or other
> encrypted channel for a given destination host/port number in an access
> rule.
>
> I looked at the Firewall HOWTO -- but this is dated November, 1996.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find more up to date information?

One of the better resources I have found is:

http://www.gazette.com/daily/top1b.html

Also helpfull:

http://ipmasq.cjb.net/

... at this point most resources are assuming you're running a 2.2.x
kernel and IPchains. Good luck.

Brian
fade@etc.etc.etc.

The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and
robbers there will be.
-- Lao Tsu