Re: ipchains ???

yenjet (yjchan@mol.net.my)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:47:36 +0800 (GMT)

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 arni@snafu.Rutgers.EDU wrote:

> Hi,
> I am interested in doing the following::
>
> 1.Record the rate at which network traffic is entering my network
> interfaces..
> 2. Also I would like to see the rates based on some simple filter like
> tos bits...or src ip address and see the rates for the individual flows...
>
> Is IP chains teh way to go..??
>
> Thax,
> Arni

You may have a look at ntop, Network TOP, at freshmeat.net too !!
This provided you the output in HTML format. And all you need is just a
executable file and run on any high port, and it also features
user/password to able to view the HTML page.

Regards,

== Yen Jet ==

Chan: "The bad news is, the Y2K bug will make all of our computers
thinks it's the year 1900. The good news is, that gives us
an extra 100 years to fix the problem!"

Chan: Let's do => lynx http://3401483384/