Re: Does linux support ovislink NIC's ?

dave@kd0yu.com
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 20:53:44 -0500 (CDT)

On 22 Apr, davidge@arrakis.es wrote:

The ovislink 10/100 cards are based on the Realtech 8139.
The new kernels support this. CONFIG_RTL8139.

I was also surprised at the last EDIMax card I got.. based on the same
chip, with linux drivers on the diskette!

> I've been looking in the linux kernel config, but not found anything about
> that NIC. If any of you got ovislink card run on linux, please tell me the
> driver i need.
>
> Thanks

> David Gomez. Mail: davidge@arrakis.es
> PGP Key avaliable in http://www.rediris.es/cert/keyserver
> " Think of security as a chain. The security of the entire system
> is only as strong as the weakest link " - Bruce Schneier.

-- Dave

Dave Helton, KD0YU - dave@businessisgood.com - http://www.kd0yu.com
Real World Computing - 319-386-4041 - 8am-5pm CST