Re: slow PPP link

Travis Low (tlow@mindq.com)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:11:31 -0400

Alas, I am experiencing the effect of my own clumsiness and stupidity.
I somehow set my modem speed to a crawl. I thought I had checked that,
but I guess I forgot to.

Sorry to waste everyone's time.

Travis

At 09:12 AM 6/15/99 -0400, Travis Low wrote:
>Greetings. I have just installed the Mandrake 6.0 distribution. Verrrry nice. linux-mandrake.com. Anyway, I configured my PPP link with Kppp, and everything works. But it's slooooooow -- much slower than NT or 98 on the same box. And slower than the RH 5.2 distribution formerly installed.
>
>How does one go about debugging a slow ppp link? I'm not sure where to look. Please help!

Travis Low - tlow@mindq.com
MindQ Publishing 11490 Commerce Park Drive #400 Reston VA 20191-1532 USA
http://www.mindq.com
+1 703 262 6616 (direct)
+1 703 716 0237 (fax)

"The sager is off the ping!" -- Tiernan Low