Re: rsh still asks for password

Tuan Hoang (tuan@optimus.mitre.org)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:07:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Raju,

Are you trying to do this as a regular user or root?
If you want to be able to rsh,rcp,etc. as root, you might
need to add the -h option for rshd (aka in.rshd) in your
/etc/inetd.conf. Of course this is a possible security risk
so that's why it is disabled by default. But if you really
want to then add it and restart inetd. "killall -HUP inetd"

later,
Tuan