Re: squid and diald launch on boot

RIBBON (ribbon@jaena.ph.net)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 04:01:23 -0800 (GMT+8)

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Gio wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Denis Voitenko wrote:
>
> > I am thinking to have Squid and Diald launching upon the system startup.
> > What would be the best place to stick the commands? I tried putting
> > "diald" in /etc/rc.d/rc.local but it would not work for some reason.

There's a diald configuration file in /etc diractory (diald.conf).
edit the file and add "up" (without quote) to the line after mode ppp.
This will automagically start the diald daemon upon startup. Then check
the log files if the connection is established.

> See the log file, if your diald can start manually, it should be this way.
>
> > Also, what would be the proper line to put in if I wanted to have Squid
> > to start of boot? I do not think that /usr/local/squid/bin/RunCache &
> > would be right...

Try to add /usr/sbin/squid& to /etc/rc.d/rc.local file. For lower
version of squid, try su squid -c "/usr/local/squid/bin/Runcache&".

Hope this helps.

>From the Shadow,
r i b b o n -|------
n e t w o r k s l a v e
.....,,,,;;;;[[[[(((( Let's Interconnect Now Using X ))))]]]];;;;,,,,.....