Re: Hooking two notebooks without ethernet

James Best (jbest@magnacom.net)
Fri, 03 Feb 1995 20:35:20 -0500

I have used both Serial and Parallel to connect windows and Linux.
Parallel is ok, but I found complications with the drivers talking to
each other. PPP over Serial at 112KBPS should be fine for video
confrencing, as most commercial products currently use a similer pipe
(128K ISDN).

There are a number of applications available on Linux that will talk to
windows. I have even talked to Microsoft Netmeeting from my linux box,
video and all. Have a look at what is out there (check out
freshmeat.net or others)

Jamie