Re: Directing Traceroute to a Device

Mircea Ciocan (mirceac@interplus.ro)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 23:57:07 +0300

Well, the "original" traceroute seems to allways need to specify a
interface with -i <interface_name> option but the Linux variety seems to
figure out what interface to use by studying the route table, so the
interface specification switch dissapeared AFAIK but you can allways
peek the original and recompile from:

ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/traceroute.tar.Z

HTH, YMMV, etc...

Mircea C.