Re: qmail and sendmail receive problem

Mikkel L. Ellertson (mikkel@execpc.com)
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 15:04:01 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, Denis Voitenko wrote:

> I have qmail running as a primary mailserver on my system. Yet, I haven't been
> anble to configure fetchmail to deliver fetchmed messages to ./Mailbox instead
> of /var/spool/mail/user
>
> Has anyone been able to do that? Any input would be greately appreciated.
>
> --
> denis@o3m.com
> -
By default, fetchmail delivers to port 25 on the local machine.
Now if qmail is running, and monitoring port 25, the default
smpt port, it should take care of delivering the mail. It will
put the mail where it is configured to pot it. Are you having
fetchmail use a local delivery agent instead of sending the
mail to port 25? Your fetchmail config would be helpfull in
determining this. Also, a copy of the output when running
fetchmail with the -v option would help.

Mikkel

--
The email addresses on this site may not be used for commercial
purposes. Unsolicited commercial e-mail to one of the addresses