Re: mail delivery + dns lookup error

Mikkel L. Ellertson (mikkel@execpc.com)
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 15:08:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, Denis Voitenko wrote:

> I have a RHL6.0 box with a mail server running locally. The box has a name of
> linux.<domain>.com which is not in the cx (or whatever) records of the
> <domain>.com. When I send messages to certain servers using local mailserver
> they get bounced off telling that the DNS lookup for the machine has failed. Is
> there a way to configure sendmail or qmail to fix this error? Changing the
> domain records is not a solution here because the machine does not have a
> permanent connection to the Internet.
>
> --
> denis@o3m.com
> -
One way to fix this is to use a relay host. Normaly, you can use your
ISP's mail server to relay the messages. You may also have to tell
sendmail or qmail to masquerade as your ISP's mail server.

Check the DS and DM directives in your /etc/sendmail.cf file.

Mikkel

--
The email addresses on this site may not be used for commercial
purposes. Unsolicited commercial e-mail to one of the addresses