Re: hd-program

Jim Roland (jim@roland.net)
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 16:52:37 -0500 (CDT)

Quickest suggestion I can make is to do one of two things (both are
destructive to the data):

1) Low Level format with your BIOS or Drive Controller (this is not
always recommended)
2) (Safer) Reformat your partition with mke2fs (ext2 is the format you
have i assume) and tell it to (with command line arguments) check for
sectors (verify format).

Backup your data before doing this though!

Jim Roland, President
Roland Internet Services, "The host with the most"
Offering premier web, email and CGI custom programming.
Ask us about Frontpage98 Extensions!
http://www.roland.net/ info@roland.net