Re: pppd / modem disconnect

Marc Owen (mowen@gmx.net)
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 02:16:36 +0200

-----Original message-----
From: Batmensch <hcaley@loomer.com>
To: Marc Owen <mowen@gmx.net>
CC: linux-ppp@vger.rutgers.edu <linux-ppp@vger.rutgers.edu>;
linux-net@vger.rutgers.edu <linux-net@vger.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun 20 june 1999 7:50
Subject: Re: pppd / modem disconnect

>Just a question, Mark: you are not actually using a login: and password:,
are
>you? If your ISP's are using PAP, you need a pap-secrets file, and nothing
in
>your login script past the CONNECT send keyword.

I tried everything, PAP, CHAP, that MS-thinggy, self-made login-scripts.
Nothing works; but I do think Clifford Kite got a point saying that there is
some IRQ misconfiguration: I'm gonna check that out first (I never thought
of it, because it works, that is, it 'dials' :) ). My login-failures took
like 5 min. before something happens (disconnection), while normally my
connection is made in smt like 15 seconds (other operating system).

Btw, my PAP (& CHAP, just in case :) ) are ok, all fields have entries.