Re: Bug in CBQ?

Erik Andersen (andersen@xmission.com)
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:37:20 -0600

On Sun, Jun 20, 1999 at 11:11:59PM +0200, Christian Worm Mortensen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > But after some time (let's say half an hour to one hour) eth0 seems to stop
> > > working... And there is the same problem if I do not attach my own
> > > disciplin... If I remove the queuing disciplines it works again.
> >
> > Please, make "tc -s -d qdisc ls dev eth0" and "tc -s -d class ls dev eth0"
> > and send the output to me.

I am also seeing this problem, after a few hours, on a router
I just set up yesterday. kernel 2.2.10. I am using the iproute
Debian package (990329). (I can compile up the latest and greatest
iproute2-2.2.4-now-ss990530.tar.gz by adjusting one file for a missing
include file -- I'll try using that next. To see if it helps...

For this box I have four active NICs (3x 3c905, 1x 3c509). Curiously,
when the problem manifests itself, I can ssh to the box and whatnot
(which is over a device the only shapes traffic on based on source
address). The problem seems to result in the effected NIC (which shapes
traffic based on the destination address) no longer handling traffic.

Running '/etc/init.d/cbq stop' (which just does:
for dev in `ip link | sed --silent -e "s/^[0-9]: \(.*\):.*$/\1/p"`; do
tc qdisc del dev $dev root 2>/dev/null
done
seems to fix the problem.

Do you want the output of the above mentioned 'tc' commands now (while it
is working) or after an hour or so (when it stops)?

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org