Re: redirection with ipchains

Juan Carlos Castro y Castro (jcastro@appi.com.br)
Wed, 01 Sep 1999 11:45:42 -0300

--------------485C808BD8B6FF33DDEF3B9F

Domas Mituzas wrote:

> Hello,
> > Use "rinetd" to forward daemon ports to another server in your LAN.
> > Do these;
> linux has special masquerading modules for such tasks. the module designed
> especially for this task is ip_portfw. It has several advantages over
> user-side redirection daemons.
> 1. it is in kernel, so performance is much better.
> 2. it works with transparent proxy feature.
> 3. maybe more secure :)

This interests me also, but I browsed thru "make menuconfig" and found
nothing like this in the routing and firewalling section. Duh. Where should
I look?

Thanx,

--------------485C808BD8B6FF33DDEF3B9F

begin:vcard
n:Castro;Juan
tel;work:55 (21) 540-9100
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.appi.com.br/jcastro
org:APPI Informática Ltda.;Desenvolvimento
adr:;;Av. Ataulfo de Paiva, 135/1410;Rio de Janeiro;RJ;22449-900;Brazil
version:2.1
email;internet:jcastro@appi.com.br
title:Consultor
note:One man alone cannot fight the future. USE LINUX!
x-mozilla-cpt:;28896
fn:Juan Carlos Castro y Castro
end:vcard