Re: Redhat network setup..

Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 21:26:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Arni Raghu wrote:

>While initially setting up RH 5.2 on my machine I was in a hurry and at
>the option where I choose to say if I need to configure networking or
>not I said no..hoping that I could catch up with that later..
>
>But now I am stuck since I have network cards in the machine but the
>kernel does not recognize them...I tried running netconf but no
>luck..What am I missing here..?? How do I see my network cards now..they
>are 3com pci cyclones..

Run netconf, and choose "Basic Host configuration". Configure
your tcp/ip settings, choose the proper kernel module for your
card, and save and exit. Then ifup eth0.x

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

Ya dee buckity, rum ting tee toooo, mi - mi - mi, yaaooooooo.... (King Otto)