RE: 3COM Cyclone probleme

Moonshi Mohsenruddin (moonshi@linux.com.sg)
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 21:00:19 +0800

Hi there,

Basically I have had the same problem too! What I did to solve the
problem was;

insmod <network card module>
ifconfig eth0 ip_addr netmask 255.255.255.0 up
route add -net ip_addr_of_subnet eth0
route add default gw ip_addr eth0

and I restart my firewall/masquerading and then it works!

- --
Moonshi Mohsenruddin
Editor, Singapore Linux Portal moonshi@linux.com.sg
Asia/Singapore icq:2595480 http://www.linux.com.sg

Strauss
> Sent: Saturday, September 04, 1999 7:35 PM
> To: linux-net@vger.rutgers.edu
> Subject: 3COM Cyclone probleme
>

> Hello linux users.
>
> First a brief introduction.
> I am using without problem linux since 3 years and very happy.
> Last year, i built a private network (198.168.1.0 stuff) with
> ipmasquerad enabling on my slackware gateway to internet via ppp.
> All was working nice after some howto readings.
>
> My config :
> Gateway P100 with slackware kernel 2.0.35 and 3COM 3c905B card
> Internal station : PII350 running suse 5.3 kernel 2.0.35 with same
> network card
>
> I am using a 3COM hub (rj45 connected).
>
> Last week i unfortunatly upgrade my suse config to 6.2 kernel
2.2.10.

> Now i cannot ping bitween my two stations.
> I have verified the ifconfig stuff, the routing table are correct.
> When pinging from stattion a, tcpdump shows me arp traffic without
> respond but this arp traffic is not seen on the other station. The
same
> if ping is done on the second machine.
>
> I was using the standard configured kernel of the distrib.
> I built a new kernel with 3COM support, boomerang driver support and
put
> the driver in kernel (eleminating possible problem with module).
Without