Four port NICs?

Robert Olsson (Robert.Olsson@data.slu.se)
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 12:29:56 +0200 (CEST)

Tuomas Toivonen writes:
> I am looking for four port (or more) Ethernet NICs supported by Linux.
> Any suggestions?

Hello!

We have been using the D-Link DFE-570TX 4 x (21143) for a while with in
routing core were we now are getting more and more Linux routers.
The DFE-570TE is cheap as well.

I think the DFE-570TX works with the stock tulip.c 0.91 only with auto
negotiation but not with when you try to force media. The transceiver chips
on the DFE-570TX was "new" for NIC's. And the Cisco routers at least 7XXX
series demands force media to operate at 100 FDX. If you need forced media
I might have an ugly patch somewhere.

--ro