Re: MAIL PROBLEM!!

Iain Rae (iainr@civ.hw.ac.uk)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:35:59 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Manoj Kumar wrote:

> HI,
> I have installed Redhat Linux 5.2 in my Mail server. Here it is working
> very well and sendmail is also running quite good.
>
> I am running POP3 also to get access of mails through EUDORA, OUTLOOK
> EXPRESS etc. It is working in these software and i can recive mail but
> could not send mail through EUDORA, OUTLOOK EXPRESS etc. I can send mail
> USING pine or mail etc.
>
> Can some one tell me that why this happen so and how i can rectify this
> problem so using eudora and outlookexpress etc i can send mails and can
> recive. Is there any problem with Sendmail or POP3 etc.
>
> Please help and guide me.

It's most likely that it's a mail relaying problem, the first thing to
check would be whether there is an entry in the hosts, nis or dns for
whichever machine you're running eudora on, the maillog file should also
indicate if this is a problem (sendmail will only relay mail from hosts it
can resolve the ip addresses of) if it's not that then you should try
posting the section of maillog which shows a client trying to post.
Checking out the README file in /usr/lib/sendmail-cf would probably be a
good idea as well.