Re: Load balancing

Jason Kendall (jason@jakendal.dyndns.org)
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:17:08 -0500

I've been watching this for quite some time now, And today by accident I
stumbled upon a web site I had seen many weeks before.

http://www.linuxrouter.org/

This is a full distribution designed to support most routing developments. I
my self would use this for my routing, Except that I don't have an extra
computer to dedicate routing.

Now for the second part of the message:

I almost have the same problem.
My configuration Consists of 3 Ethernet cards and an Arcnet.

Arcnet Goes to a dedicated internal Slew of Servers.
eth1 goes to a xDSL connection
eth2 goes to a Cable modem
eth3 goes to my Clients

I would like to do load balancing between eth1 and eth2. The only way I have
found to do proper load balancing is by using the gated daemon.
Here's the link: http://www.merit.edu/~gated/

But I can't get it to work.. Besides the fact that I'm using the 'newest'
kernel, I know Development.. BAH.

But is there a Linux version in the works or one that works right now with
Linux?

Anyway,
Thanks for listening to my Unstructured Message,
Jason A. Kendall
-
coolacid@home.com
coolacid@sympartico.ca
cool_acid@hotmail.com
jason@jakendal.dyndns.org
jason@jakendal.dhs.org
jakendal@learn.senecac.on.ca
-
www.jakendal.dyndns.org
www.jakendal.dhs.org

----
Sympatico Users Group:
www.sympaticousers.org
----
AMU - Advanced Maine Units
www.amunits.dhs.org
Due to the instability of Sympatico services, all email replies are sent to
alternate email accounts. I personally apologize to all correspondents if my
replies are delayed due to Sympatico's inability to provide a reliable
service. I, like many other past and present Sympatico HSE users, look
forward to using an alternative to Sympatico's dismal package for High Speed
access as soon as one becomes available to me.