Re: Problem using minicom to connect to ISP

Kendall Lister (kendall@charon.net.au)
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 19:54:18 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Neil Aggarwal wrote:

> OK, I see that they wont let me use a scripted login. They want me to
> use PPP first and then they will figure out the login stuff within
> ppp. So, how do I do that? Are there any dial-up networking clones
> for Linux?

Well, I hear that pppd is quite popular... :)

I'd be surprised if your distribution doesn't have some kind of GUI for
pppd, possibly kppp or something else (I'm strictly a CLI user, so I can't
help you beyond here. Failing your distribution specific documentation,
check the PPP HOW-TO, and then post here for assistance.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781